Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Leather Hat

My leather hat started so well, I chose the button block and a peice of grey leather. I used the suede side on the leather with a seam running down the middle. If I had managed to create this beauty it could of been one of my favourites. My downfall was buckram which wasn't strong enough, then I double layered it which improved the situation. I blocked my leather and the cut off the excess, although I didn't leave enough leather to fold over, this is where it went wrong again. I cut into the excess to fold it over. Glued it down and papercliped it in place. And I wasn't very happy with the end results. I would like to take another stab at making a leather hat, maybe once I have gotten over this initial disaster.

Doll x

No comments:

Post a Comment