Tuesday 25 January 2011

New Ideas

So on my way home from college on wednesday I was think of how I could update my idea, mixing the old and the new to create something modern. It struck me that often modern architecture is close to old buildings. I like the idea of the old and the new being meshed together to create something completely different.
For my final collection I want to take some of these ideas and try and apply them to my designs. Maybe through simple things like machine embriodery or use of modern materials on a vintage looking hat. My designs need to be up to date and not look like reproductions.
I do apologise for the poor quality of my photographs.........


Manchester Museum buildings. New and old squashed up right next to each other.
Two forms of modern architecture here, for some reason I prefer the 60s block to the modern tin can.
The industrial looking new part works really well to contrast the old.


This building sounds amazing I can't wait to see what it will look like finished. Although this doesn't match my idea, the concept sounds very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment