Thursday 13 January 2011

Straw Braid








Initially I was very excited about this lesson. Straw is my favourite summer millinery fabric, me and sinamay don't get along, it brings me out in a rash. Straw braid looks rather beautiful and exciting to work with.
I spent along time creating a shape on a block by winding the straw round in a circle and pinning in place. The straw braid I used was the most flexiable as it was a plastic and straw mix. Stitching it together on the block was rather time consuming. It would take a long time to make a whole hat this way. I doubt I would use the process for my final collection. It took along time and the end result wasn't as good as I was expecting. The end piece looks more like a embelishment than something that could be a final headpiece.

Straw is still better than sinamay.

No comments:

Post a Comment